At RKA, we take our #BeHelpful core value very seriously. Last month our staff donated hundreds of pounds of food to community food banks in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. In December, we are continuing our long history of giving back to our local communities to provide a more impactful holiday “gift” in honor of our clients. Every year our staff nominates causes and organizations that they love or volunteer for, and we put together a group of deserving charities to receive our annual “gift-giving” donations in lieu of traditional sweets and swag.
After much consideration, we are proud to announce the foundations we will be donating to in order to honor our clients this holiday season:
- Women Veterans Support Services (WVSS,Inc.) is North Carolina’s 1st Woman Veteran organization focused on assisting homeless and jobless female veterans, the fastest growing underserved population.
- Engaging Creative Minds (ECM) ECM aims to spark creativity and curiosity in K-12 learners through innovative and experiential STEAM learning. Based in Charleston, SC, they serve schools across South Carolina.
- The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and mental health organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) young people. They offer crisis support, advocacy, research, and education.
- Nubian Village Academy (NVA) is a non-profit enrichment program for Pre-K to 8th graders in the greater Richmond, VA area. Their mission is to create a pipeline of underrepresented students interested in pursuing STEM careers.
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy believes that every person deserves access to free and safe places they can walk, bike, and be active. Since 1986, they have impacted the US with 1 million grassroots supporters, 24,000+ miles of rail-trails on the ground, and 8,000+ miles of rail-trails ready to be built.
- Second Chance Pet Adoptions is a no-kill animal rescue dedicated to providing pet adoptions designed to benefit the animal and adopting party. They also work to educate the public on responsible pet ownership, including spaying and neutering to reduce overpopulation long-term.
We wouldn’t be able to give back to so many wonderful organizations if it weren’t for the ongoing support of each and every one of our clients. Thank you for supporting RKA, so we can support others.
We encourage you to visit the websites for each charity listed above to learn more and join us in the spirit of giving.
Ramey Kemp Associates